In today’s episode of Passion for Real Estate Investments, Founder of Next-Level Income, Chris Larsen, talks about multifamily investing.
At the age of 21, while still studying towards his degrees, Chris bought his first single-family rental property. He has since spent 18 years in the medical device industry, 20 years investing and managing real estate, and has expanded from single-family to developing, commercial investing, private lending, and multifamily syndications. Since 2016, he has been involved in more than $400 Million worth of real estate acquisitions. He is also an active investor in Venture South, one of the Top 10 Angel Investing groups in the US.
Chris holds a BSc in Biomechanical Engineering from Virginia Tech and an MBA in Finance from Virginia Tech Pamplin College of Business.
Why has Chris chosen his particular model of investing? Hear about how he went from passive to active investing, how you can get involved with his coaching initiatives, and the steps that he follows to build trust with investors.
If you’re looking to get into multifamily investing, or if you want to learn how to invest actively, or if you want to hear how to improve your relationships with investors, this episode is for you.
Highlights from the interview
- It never gets easier. You just go faster.”
- “If I’m not happy doing this, I’m really wasting my time.”
- “I knew that if I truly wanted to live a full life, I had to be financially independent.”
- “25-30% of the ultra-rich have money in income-producing real estate.”
- “Always be inquisitive. Learn as much as you can within your parameters.”
- “If something resonates with you, go with at that. You dont have to be just like somebody else. You can invest in what you want.”
- “You can only grow as big as you are if you’re just one person, but if you find the right ‘who’ that are better than you at certain things, you can literally grow forever, and you help so many more people.”
- “Real estate is an inflation hedge.”
- “People always remember what you did in your professional career.”
- “Do what you say you’re going to do. Be a trustworthy person. Be an ethical person.”
- “Stay in touch with people.”
- “I do what I teach people.”
About Chris Larsen
Christopher Larsen is the founder and Managing Partner of Next-Level Income. After 18 years in the medical device industry he dedicates his time to helping others become financially independent through education and investment opportunities. Chris has been investing in and managing real estate for over 20 years. While completing his degree in Biomechanical Engineering and M.B.A. in Finance at Virginia Tech, he bought his first single-family rental at age 21. Chris expanded into development, private-lending, buying distressed debt as well as commercial office, and ultimately syndicating multifamily properties. He began syndicating deals in 2016 and has been actively involved in over $350M of real estate acquisitions. In addition to real estate, Chris has invested in equities, oil & gas, and small business lending, as well as being active in Venture South, one of the nation’s Top 10 Angel Investing groups. Chris lives with his wife and two boys in Asheville, NC where he loves spending time with them in the outdoors and enjoying the food and culture that the region has to offer.
To learn more about Chris, you can stay connected with him on his website, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Facebook.