In today’s episode of Passion for Real Estate Investments, President of NuView Trust, Jason DeBono, talks about IRAs.
Jason has over 15 years of experience in the self-directed IRAs. Prior to his current role at NuView, Jason served as the Director of Business Development, the Director of Operations, and then Vice-President of NuView. As an expert in tax-advantaged investing through retirement accounts, Jason appears regularly on podcasts, events, and conferences. He is also the Co-Founder and Chairman of the 501(c)(3) organization, Chair the Love, to provide wheelchairs and mobility services to those in need.
What type of account does Jason recommend starting with? He gives some pointers on what to look out for in policies, the misconception about rate-of-return in investing, and we hear some of the investment amounts for each IRA account.
If you want to diversify your investments, or you want to learn more about IRAs and how to take advantage of the tax benefits, this episode is for you.
Highlights from the interview
- “There’s no other place I can put my money than some sort of real estate related asset where I can really understand how it works in simplistic terms. No other investment offers that.”
- “The harder you work, the more it will pay off.”
- “You need to be prepared to have as many of these accounts as necessary to meet your financial goals and objectives.”
- “The best way to invest is to not think about taxes at all, and the only way to do that is through a retirement account.”
- “If you start invest, everybody thinks you start looking at rate-of-return. Rate-of-return is only about making money. It’s a short-term issue. The most important number on a pro forma is tax rate.”
- “Educate yourself. Ignorance is not an excuse. If you think someone else is going to do it for you, it’s not going to end well. If you want to be a better investor, go out and get information.”
- “Go out and invest in yourself. If you want to change what you do today, change it.”
About Jason DeBono
Jason graduated from the University of Central Florida and has since acquired 15-years of experience in the self-directed IRA industry. He has served as both Director of Business Development and Director of Operations for NuView Trust Company – a self-directed custodian with over $1.4 billion of assets under custody. Now, in his role as Corporate Vice President, Jason oversees the day to day activities of the company. He is heavily recruited to speak on podcasts and at national events as a subject matter expert in tax-advantaged investing through retirement accounts. Additionally, Jason has provided continuing education to CPAs, Attorneys, and Real Estate professionals and has been a guest speaker at hundreds of investment events and conferences throughout the United States.
Outside of his role at NuView, Jason serves as Co-founder and Chairman of Chair the Love, a 501(c)(3) organization, which provides wheelchairs and other mobility-related services to those in need.
He currently resides in Central Florida with his wife, Christina, son, Tyler, and daughter, Delaney.
To learn more about Jason, you can stay connected with him on his website, SolorQRP.com, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook.