In today’s episode of Passion for Real Estate Investments, IRA Specialist at Quest Trust Company, Haley Gant, talks about self-directed IRAs.
Haley grew up around real estate. Her parents became involved in real estate when she was in kindergarten and have since flipped over 1700 houses and become hard money lenders. In high school, they taught her about self-directed IRAs. After graduating from college, Haley joined Quest. Haley educates investors on how to utilize and diversify their 401k or IRAs by investing in real estate, notes, or other privately-held assets.
How do you start when you have a low maximum contribution? Haley tells us about the common misconceptions that stop people from opening an IRA, the differences between a Roth IRA and a Traditional IRA, and she gives us two reasons why we should have an IRA account.
If you want to know more about IRAs, or you’re looking for an IRA specialist, this episode is for you.
Highlights from the interview
- “Get that idea out of your head that you don’t have enough to invest.”
- “Everyone out there should have a Roth IRA. Never underestimate the power of compounding interest. Get it started today.”
- “The only thing that is limited is your contributions. Your contributions are what you take from your personal funds and put into the IRA. Profit from investments – there is no cap on that.”
- “Not everyone can have a Roth IRA. If you are a high-income earner, you can’t make a direct contribution to a Roth IRA.”
- “There are 7 different types of accounts that can be self-directed. Look at the whole picture.”
About Haley Gant
Haley Gant is one of our top IRA Specialists at Quest Trust Company and has been with the company since June of 2016. Haley attended Texas A&M University and received her Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics. A native Houstonian, Haley was attracted to work in the Quest Trust Houston office after growing up in a family of successful real estate investors. In 2018, Haley received the designation of Certified IRA Services Professional, after passing the examination by the American Bankers Association. After overseeing the expansion of the Quest Dallas office since 2017, she is now back in Houston working as a Business Development Specialist, focusing on educating our clients and building relations for the company. In her spare time, Haley enjoys being an avid gardener and spending time with her three dogs, Abby, Fiona, and Piper.
To learn more about Haley, you can stay connected with her on her website.