In today’s episode of Passion for Real Estate Investments, Founder of Partners For Prosperity, LLC, Kim Butler, talks about alternative investments. From growing up on a dairy farm, to becoming an industry leader in atypical financial planning, Kim’s passion has driven her to innovate and place herself at the top of the game.
Kim grew up on a dairy farm, where she learned her discipline, work ethic, and saving habits. She got herself through college by selling milk from the cow her father bought her in the 4th grade. After graduating college, Kim started her career in banking. In 1999, she left the firm she worked at and started Partners for Prosperity, which is dedicated to the Prosperity Economics Principles. She is also the co-founder of the Prosperity Economics Movement, and has been an Investopedia Top 100 Advisor since 2017.
She is the host of The Prosperity Podcast with support from Spencer Shaw, and has appeared on popular shows such as Let’s Get Down to Business Podcast with Kiyosaki, and the Real Estate Guys radio show. Kim and her husband, Todd Langford, host an annual summit for industry professionals. She has authored eight books, including Amazon Bestsellers Live Your Life Insurance, and Busting the Life Insurance Lies, and the popular Busting the Retirement Lies.
How do you create ‘wealth without wall street’? Kim tells us about whole-life insurance, we learn about senior life settlements, the meaning of C.L.U.E., investing in precious metals, and we hear her views on diversifying investments.
If you want to learn about life insurance, diversifying your investments, and how to create wealth without Wall Street, this episode is for you.
Highlights from the interview
- “It’s critical that people have emergency funds.”
- L.U.E: Control. Liquidity. Use. Equity.
- “Life insurance is very age-based. If you’re 20 or 30 years old, you can absolutely start with $100/$500/$1000 a month. You don’t have to have a lump to get started.”
- “The product is called whole-life insurance because you’re going to use it your whole life. Nothing that you use that long is going to happen overnight.”
- You’re not borrowing from your cash value; you’re borrowing against your cash value. You’re borrowing from the life insurance company.
- Bridge loans and life settlements don’t cause self-directed IRAs to have tricky tax issues.
- “If you have the wealth to speculate, go for it.”
- “Let’s define investments as something that, ideally, is not going to lose principal, and can earn us a decent rate of return after taxes and inflation.”
- “Cash, income, and growth. Those are the only three things that I look at.”
- “I’m not a fan of typical diversification. However, I’m also not a fan of somebody going all in on one thing.”
- “Go slow. Start small.”
About Kim Butler
Founder of Partners for Prosperity, LLC, Kim Butler has shunned common financial products such as stocks, bonds, savings accounts and CDs in favor of alternative investments, private lending, and creative life insurance strategies outside of the typical financial planning “box.”
It’s all part of the Prosperity Economics Movement, a non-profit organization co-founded by Butler along with her husband, Todd Langford (a financial software developer who is always checking the math) which is spreading its “Wealth without Wall Street” mission to clients and other advisors alike.
To learn more about Kim, you can stay connected with her on her website.