In today’s episode of Passion for Real Estate Investments, Owner of Waymark Homes, LLC, Ron Walraven, talks about his 21-year journey in real estate. From working as an auto mechanic to taking on multiple real estate markets, Ron has overcome adversity and been driven to become successful.
After graduating from high school, Ron got a technical degree and worked as an auto mechanic for 17 years. After a back injury in 1998, Ron started taking real estate classes and went into real estate selling REOs. In 2012, he started doing wholesaling. Since 2000, Ron has been involved in over 3000 real estate transactions.
What challenges does Ron face? How is he able to dominate in the affordable home market during the Covid-19 pandemic? Ron tells us how he’s diversified his income by investing in other markets, how his son is working his way to becoming his successor at Waymark Homes, and he gives some valuable advice to investors.
If you’re interested in wholesaling, or you’re looking for advice to start out in real estate, this episode is for you.
Highlights from the interview
- Ron’s best buyer decided not to make any purchases between March and June – but has since bought up to 12 houses.
- Ron owned 12 houses prior to Covid, and lost money on 9 of them.
- “We’re looking out for our clients from the beginning, not just to see how much money we can make off of them.”
- “When you lose money, you’re not that stupid, and when you make a bunch of it, you’re not that smart.”
- “Be humble.”
- “Blind squirrels get nuts too.”
About Ron Walraven
“I was an auto technician from 1982-1998. Got out of the auto business due to back issues.20+ years in Real Estate. Agent since 1999, Broker since 2007. Sold over 3500 REO’s from 1999-2012. Started wholesaling in 2011. Southeastern Michigan Market. I am primarily a wholesaler. We do some rehab and holding of property. Have done a few notes and multi-family wholesaling. Have a team of 7 as of today. Love masterminding and personal development.”
To learn more about Ron, you can stay connected with him on his website, Facebook, or LinkedIn.