There’s no doubt that we are currently in a real estate recession, but how can we pivot and make the best of it? Is there a recession-proof real estate vehicle that can sustain our investments in the current market?
Join this conversation with Eddie Speed and learn from his experience of over 40 years in real estate. Eddie is also an author, highly sought-after consultant, speaker, and expert panelist on the topic of note investing and creative deal-making. Having experienced about six recessions since 1985, nothing gets him by surprise. However, the 2022 recession has been on another scale. Real estate has never been this unaffordable.
From Eddie’s years of experience, supply and demand is one of the main causes of the bad market. There are so many properties, but few buyers are willing to buy them. Another thing that will stop the housing market more than anything else is people who can’t borrow money to get a house. But there are other better alternatives to investing in real estate, such as note investing.
Note investing is an investment strategy that involves purchasing notes on real estate for a discount in return for receiving monthly payments over a period of time. Eddie is the nation’s most experienced private real estate note buyer, who has closed over 50,000 Private Mortgage Note deals totaling over $500 million. Through his company NoteSchool, he has also trained over 10,000 real estate investors across the US and the world.
Listen and learn more about the history of real estate markets, what has been the common threads, and the better ways to pivot in such markets.
Highlights from the interview
- A quick bio of the guest; Eddie Speed
- The real estate recession
- Two main factors that caused the disturbance in the real estate market
- More supply of properties and a very little demand
- Common threads in all real estate recessions
- Mortgage financing challenges in the current market
- Why your knowledge and mindset determine your success in any market condition
- The ins and outs of seller-financed deals in real estate
- Eddie’s experiences in the real estate note investing
- Golden nuggets and best ways you can reach out and link up with Eddie
- Episode wrap-up and call-to-action
About Eddie Speed
Eddie is a real estate investor, author, highly sought-after consultant, speaker, and expert panelist on the topic of note investing and creative deal-making.
Eddie is the nations most experienced private real estate note buyer.
Over the past 40 years, he’s closed over 50,000 Private Mortgage Note deals totaling over $500 million dollars.
Through his company NoteSchool, he has also trained over 10,000 real estate investors across the US and world.
To learn more about Eddie, you can stay connected with him on his website, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook.